Thursday, July 31, 2008

No more diapers for us!



Brooklyn is definitely no more my baby. She is growing up soooo fast! These are two recent pictures of her and she looks so old to me. It is definitely bittersweet and we are trying to enjoy all the moments of her becoming a little girl and no longer our baby. Over the past month Brooklyn has told me when she was going pee in her diaper. I decided when we got back from New York it was time to potty train. We made potty charts, bought stickers (which she LOVES), pull ups and all the necessities. We tried all week last week and #1 seemed to allude us. We finally put her in panties on Friday night and on Saturday she finally figured out how to pee in the potty. Once she figured it out, she was pretty much potty trained. She loves going on the potty like a big girl. We have to go everywhere we are out and many many times a day at home. We have only had 2 accidents the whole time and she is in panties unless she is sleeping and she usually wakes up with her pullups dry from those too. Woohoo, Brooklyn!!! I guess what they say is true, when they are ready, they are ready. I am just so glad she was ready. No more diapers for us!

11 comments:

Tracie said...

yippey! that is huge. she was ready and it does get better. at first it is a lot of potty trips then they learn to hold it. yeah brooklyn!!!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

WAHOO! We are proud of you Brooklyn! Now we just need to convince Isabelle somehow.

Shannon said...

Congrats to Brooklyn and Mommy and Daddy. Enjoy the freedom. What a big girl. Deegan starts Monday when Kaeleigh and Carson go back to school. He's been the same way, but I can't stand the thought of extra help. You've got the parenting thing mastered!

Suzie said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. She is looking so old. Way to go Brooklyn!

Lauren said...

I am so jealous! Way to go Brooklyn!!!!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

YOU ROCK!!!! Isn't it nice!! She looks so very grown up. I am considering Lilly - the jury is still out.

Pili said...

AAAWWWWWRIGHT Brooklyn! Good Job, as Leilyn would say!

Ravi,Chosun,Jin, Sun Li,Bae Li said...

Wow! Brooklyn is getting so big! We're so proud of her for her potty-training accomplishment! It's a bittersweet moment. We love you guys!

J-Mar said...

Hooray for the two of you!

Looks like you have had a very fun summer!

Misty said...

She is sooooo big!!

wackyjackie said...

I was too depressed to comment when I first saw this. I think I am just not a good potty trainer. Congrats to you and Brooklyn, though. Maybe I could send Hayden over for a couple weeks and you could potty train him for me!