Monday, July 28, 2008

Imaginary Friend???

So, I think Dora is Brooklyn's new imaginary friend. Can Dora be an imaginary friend, I don't know. The other day when we were on our way home from our trip Brooklyn was talking her usual gibberish. We were trying to figure out where to eat in Cleveland and she was saying, "mommy, Dora is reeeeally super hungry." I said, "well Dora, is back at the hotel and I am sure she is getting something to eat there." She said yes and we continued on with our evening. At dinner she said she wanted mac and cheese and so did Dora. When we were all done she said that Dora didn't finish all her dinner. I said "really, how do you know. I thought Dora was back at the hotel." She pointed next to Brad and said, "Dora, right there." Imaginary friend, I don't know, but it sure does give us a chuckle.

6 comments:

Misty said...

I love when they have imaginary friends!! WARNING though: when Madelyn had an imaginary friend "she" colored on the kitchen wall!! :)

Tati said...

Hi! It is random that I found your blog, but it's exciting to keep in touch. We are cousins! Your little daughter is so cute! Love hearing the stories. Anna had imaginary friends, which were her toes and sometimes her two big toes fought with each other! E-mail me and I can give you a permission link to my blog...tati_hn at hotmail dot com.

Tatiana

Jen said...

I love imaginary friends!!! Noah had some crazy ones a little while back. It was always so fun to hear what they had been up to, whose mom had a baby, etc. etc. (I had just had Sophie.)

Sometimes I think their "friends" are their way of expressing themselves without worrying about being too vulnerable. Does that make sense?

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

Kendall's imaginary friend is a baby panguin and she rescues all the time. She's had him for like two years!!! I love watching her mind at work.

Lauren said...

That is so cute. I miss that girl!!!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

She is so funny! I remember when she and Belle were "driving in their car" last week and Brooklyn said she was going to Dora's house! They have such fun imaginations!