Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday: The New Saturday

Since the middle of April Brad has been working a new schedule. He now has to work every other saturday instead of every 4th to 5th Saturday. We were really disappointed with this change, but it has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. On the weeks that Brad works Saturday he gets Wednesday off. The benefits of having Wed off are starting to add up. Today we went to the Guadalupe River State Park, had a picnic lunch and played in the river. The benefits to a Wednesday is that it was empty. I am sure it is packed on Sat, but today it was fantastic. We are hoping this holds true this summer that places are not quite as busy on Wed as on Sat and that we will be able to enjoy Sea World, the river and fun summer places without as much of a crowd. I am now looking forward to the weeks that Brad works Saturday. Here are some pictures from the river today. Brooklyn was a little weary at first, but after a while she fell in love with it. She didn't want to leave and loved just sitting in the water playing with the rocks.







10 comments:

Suzie said...

Cute Pictures. Sounds like so much fun. I think it would be great to get a Saturday in the middle of the week. Our real Saturdays are always so hectic.

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

How fun. Is that the park that is down the road from me? I've never been. Sad eh? It's so nice to have some quiet family time.

Tracie said...

Make sure you give us a call. We have that super great schedule all summer!

Tiffany said...

Yeah its like 5 min from your house Shannon.

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

You know I am jealous! A day with nothing to do and a husband at home! Wow!!! I am glad you had a great time and got to enjoy this awesome weather! We will have to introduce Belle to the river sometime soon!

wackyjackie said...

Fun, the river is clear and pretty. I guess growing up in AZ, I never picture the rivers being nice!

Lauren said...

Cute pics! I love the river. We used to kayak it before Ryan. Nate is FINALLY done with school until August. I am looking forward to some much needed family time like that.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

What stinkin cute pictures! I am so glad you went out and enjoyed the day!!!

Melissa said...

Brooklyn is such a little model. She looks so pretty.

Jen said...

I always love it when James takes a day off in the middle of the week. It just isn't as crazy as the weekend.

Brooklyn is so cute and getting so big! I am sure you can hardly stand it!