Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weather

I love rain and storms, but I am petrified of lightning and the possibility of a tornado. So this is what happened this morning. We woke up to a very large thunderstorm and I looked online (using my handy ipod, thanks Mom) and didn't see a tornado watch right away and I was pretty calm. Then the hail that I thought was going to break my windows started. Holy cow, did anyone not hear that this morning. I mean I literally thought a window was going to break. I was still fairly calm. Then I turned on the tv and saw that we were in a tornado watch and then our house almost got struck by lightning. I know most of you are not terrified of this weather, but growing up in the west where there really is no weather but hot. It terrifies me. I have high hopes to do better this season and get more sleep we will see how it goes. This morning I was woken up at 4:30 and haven't gone back to sleep yet. I know neurotic, right?

10 comments:

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

Poor Tiff, it gets better, I promise. I too was awake at 4:30 this morning because of the storm. But i was rescueing the rabbit from the rain. We left him out on the back patio to get some fresh air. Oops!!

Suzie said...

The weather had me up to, but mostly because I have a crazy dog who is petrified by thunder and lightning. She tries to jump up on our bed and that is NOT OK. I also thought that for sure both kids would be in our room before long but neither of them seemed to notice at all. I hope that Brooklyn slept through it too.

emily w. said...

Amen sister! Eric and I were both awakened at 4:30 and I was convinced that our house was going to crumble to the ground. The lightning/thunder/rain/hail/wind was so intense! For a girl from California this is more weather than I am used to!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad to know that I am not the ONLY one.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Yep, I was up - and like Suzie I was pretty much just waiting for my kids to wake up - but they slept - but not me!

Jen said...

Our kids were out of their beds and down the stairs before the first clap of thunder ended. Not a fun night!

wackyjackie said...

I was totally thinking about you during the storm, while I was sugging Hayden tight in my bed. He hides under the covers. Then last night he came in my bed again because he was scared of the thunder (there wasn't any!)

Misty said...

You will get used to it I promise! Just focus on the smoldering summer we have ahead!

FallingFromGrace said...

Cool Texas weather! I remember seeing my first (and only) tornado when I was three-years old and hearing the loud winde and golfball-sized hail. I also remember the funny-looking dents in our car. Silly me...I don't remember being scared!

Tracie said...

Randy loves storms. He was up watching it. My kids told me they woke up but no one came in my bed, thank goodness!