Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Princess Stories"

Brooklyn and I were sitting at the table tonight and she asked me to tell her a story, not one from a book just one I made up. So I started the story with a beautiful princess with red hair named Brooklyn. Then she stopped me (kind of like in the princess bride) and she told me I was telling the story wrong. I explained to her that it was one I was making up so I couldn't be telling it wrong. She disagreed and said she would tell me a bedtime story instead so she could show me how to do it. This was her story:

Once up a time in a far away land there lived a beautiful princess named Ariel and she loved to sing and dance and play. She was everyone's friend. Then, Belle appeared, and she told everyone that she wanted everyone to come to her birthday and she wanted everyone to do what she did. And then, Cinderella appeared and she didn't know what to wear for the party. (She asked for my help here.) And I said she should wear the blue dress. She said no, no, no, no her dress was bluish greenish pinkish. Then Cinderella went to the party and danced and danced and then snuggled up in her nice warm bed and went to sleep. Then Jasmine appeared, she was going on a magic carpet ride. She didn't know what to wear either and then suddenly she just found something and it was purplish pinkish bluish greenish. And they all lived happliy every after!

So in case you were wondering that is exactly how you tell your own made up "Princess Stories".

5 comments:

traci miller said...

haha that's so cute! i need a girl! why can't i tell princess stories?!?!?

Suzie said...

So cute. I love the things their little minds come up with.

lmarlor said...

That is too cute! Don't you love the things they say, so funny!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I'll read that one to my girls tonight!

wackyjackie said...

I didn't understand the plot.