Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Brooklyn came down from her much needed nap this afternoon, ran to me gave me a big hug and said, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" She then turned to Brad and said, "What else was I supposed to say Daddy?"

However rehearsed this conversation was it was super cute and much appreciated. I love my little girl and I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a mother. It was definitely hard to come by for us and I appreciate it so much. It also makes me appreciate my mother more and more especially when Brooklyn is having one of her moments (kicking, screaming, turning red tantrums). Thanks mom for always being there for me. I love you!

On another note, one of our favorite comments from Brooklyn recently that we forgot to blog was around Christmas when we went to Six Flags. We went for the evening and she only got a chance to ride one ride, the sled hill. We started to wait in line for the Ferris Wheel, which is her favorite, but it wasn't moving at all so we called it a night. When we were walking to the car she saw the ferris wheel from the parking lot and said, "Look, there's the ferris wheel. Bye bye ferris wheel. (waving the whole time) We will see you next time." In the car on the way home we asked her what her favorite part of the night was and she said, "Waiting in line for the ferris wheel." Needless to say the next time we went to Six Flags it was the first ride we hit. This girl provides lots of laughs in our household and we sure do love her!