Saturday, April 18, 2009

Changes

I don't know if we will every be not busy. I was truly hoping to have more time after i quit working, but it was just replaced with other things.

The first thing that is or hopefully will be changing soon is our family. We have tried so many avenues to have children and are finally at a point where adoption is what we feel is the right thing to do for us. The foster to adopt process is crazy with hours and hours of training classes, paperwork, more paperwork, and more paperwork. We have to have a home study, TB tests, inspections from the health and fire inspectors and CPS. Criminal background checks, fingerprints, etc, etc, etc. It is also scary because any child placed in our home could go back to their parents. They say the chances are minimal, but they are there. Needless to say this has filled much of my spare time, but we hope it will all be worth it in the end and we will be able to bring a baby into our home that really needs one. It is a little different not knowing when it could happen, how old the baby will be, or what problems/conditions might exist, but I suppose we could call it an adventure. It is definitely hard to prepare with so much unknown. Brooklyn is very excited though and would love to have a sister.

Another change is my calling. I received an additional calling on Sunday as ward camp director. They haven't released me from nursery yet, but I keep hoping it will be soon. I was in the primary presidency for a year before nursery and Brad and I have been in nursery for 8 months now. I know it is not that long for some, but I am definitely ready for a change.

We are still loving life, but I can't wait for it to slow down just a little so we can take a little more of it in.

4 comments:

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

I think it's so cool you guys are adopting that baby will be very lucky to have parents like you. I'm excited to meet my new niece or nephew!

Misty said...

WOW Tiffany! I am so impressed that you are going the foster to adopt route. I will keep you in my prayers. I do not know if anyone has told you about the Sander's in our ward, but the take in foster children and I bet could have some insight for you if you feel you want it.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

That baby will be so blessed. You are in my prayers. Call if you want!

wackyjackie said...

How exciting! Keep us posted!