Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And another month passes...

It seems like I am always writing how busy we have been. I sometimes wonder if things will ever slow down. We have taken a little more on as a family this fall because we are hoping that I can quit my typing job sometime in January. In order to do this I have taken on some other small jobs (tutoring and preschool) while I am still typing so I won't be quitting cold turkey. We keep saying January will be better, I truly hope we are not deluding ourselves and that life will slow down a little. For now though, we will be very very busy.

Here is a little about the last month.
Brooklyn, I and some friends headed out to the Pumpkin Patch in Medina to have some fall fun. Brooklyn painted pumpkins, found her way through a hay maze, brushed a horse, took a hayride and took some adorable pics.

In October my sister Heather and her two boys Zachary and Seth came to visit. We went to the zoo, had a picnic at Landa Park, and went to Sea World.

I was also able to go to Time Out for Women here in San Antonio with some great friends. Thanks to Jackie we had a hotel room for the night downtown. We all had a great time and it was a great break in the middle of the chaos that is my life.

The week of Halloween we had a preschool Halloween party, the trunk or treat, carved pumpkins and of course the actual day of trick or treating. Brooklyn enjoyed it all. Last year when we went trick or treating she never wanted to stop. She could barely walk and she said more houses. This year she had watched the Little Einsteins Halloween episode and once she got enough candy for her pretend Halloween party she said, "Okay, I think I have enough we can go now." What 2 year old says they have enough candy. We had a great time.

The last few weeks have been the same old same old and we leave next week to go to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving for two weeks. I won't have any work of any kind while we are they and I can't wait for the break.

Here are some pics from the last month. Enjoy!

6 comments:

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

cute pics! looks like lots of fun!Can't wait to see you!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I love all the pictures! Brooklyn was a great cone-hat princess! I think kids do better when they are too busy...adults too, but I hope your January is a little bit more relaxed for all of you!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

She is such a perfect princess!! Have a great break. I hope you get some down time!

Lauren said...

It's about time for a new post! Cute pictures! I love the carved pumpkin pic and I am so sad we didn't get to go to Love Creek this year! We are definitely going with you next year! I hope things slow down for you too! Have fun in Vegas!

Angie said...

cute pics! when do you get here?

Misty said...

Fun pictures!!!
Have a Fabulous Thanksgiving and BREAK!!!