Thursday, June 5, 2008

Texas Safari

Last weekend we were looking for something to do as a family. We decided on the Texas Safari and the Wildlife Ranch. It was a great time, but animals are soooo gross! I didn't know how Brooklyn would like it. In the past if the animals got too close she would freak out, but she loved it. She got to sit on my lap as we drove 4 mph around the park. The animals came right up to the car to try and get the food. We were not so brave. We sprinkled food outside the car and then hurried and rolled up our window. I learned from my friend Becca if you are not careful the animals might just come in your car and give you a kiss. Watching them I am sure that we would have had an ostrich in our car if it weren't for the windows.
There were lots of long horned sheep, zebras, ostriches, deer, camels, giraffes, and all other sorts of animals. The zebras were right next to the window and the ostriches were all over the car. They kept pecking at the windows trying to get more food. The video shows them pecking the window. Sorry it is a little long, but if you hand in there you can hear the pecking.








Look at that attitude! I think we are in trouble.



4 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I love the first picture of Brooklyn while sitting on your lap. She looks like...YIKES! Also, we love the attitude picture! What is a girl without an attitude?

Suzie said...

Great pictures. The one of Brooklyn on your lap is priceless. She looks a little unsure, wouldn't you say? The Princess post made me laugh. That is so brad!

Lauren said...

We used to do that every summer as a kid in Oklahoma. Looks like fun and I love Brooklyn's face too.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

LOVE IT!! Yeah, I am so glad to see Brooklyn's attitude picture! She knows how to work it!