Sunday, March 30, 2008

Name Game

Ok, so here goes.  Becca tagged me a long time ago to tell how we came up with baby names.  It is pretty easy since we just have the one.  

Brooklyn Paige -  Brooklyn I heard while I was still in college before we were trying to have kids and I loved it.  Brad said he would only name a girl Brooklyn if we could name a boy Bronx.  I vetoed Bronx, but he grew to love Brooklyn by the time we had her.  I can't imagine her by any other name and I think it fits perfectly.  Her middle name was a little harder we still hadn't decided when we were at the hospital.  She was originally going to be Brooklyn Breanne, after my good good friend who gave me her white blood cells.  (Long story, it was an experimental infertility treatment that didn't pan out in the beginning.)  I promised Breanne that I would name the baby Brooklyn Breanne  after her if I was to get pregnant shortly after her blood donation.  We didn't get pregnant until a year later and the name was still in the running, but Brad wanted Brooklyn to actually get to her SAT tests in high school and not take the whole time filling out the bubbles for her name.  We liked Paige, and decided to name her after the only other granddaughter on my side Courtnie Paige.  They now share the same middle name. 

Thanks Becca for the idea.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Randy wanted to name Meg Brooklyn. Too Bad it was his ex-girlfriend's name!

Tracie said...

the way to get the photos where you want them is to pick "no layout" and then move them after they upload. if you make them small you can put three in a row.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

I love these stories - thanks for sharing!!