Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sleeping Child

It is amazing what you can do with a sleeping child. I have to say, for almost two years we have had to put Brooklyn to sleep. Just recently we have left the room while she is still awake and slowly we are spending less and less time getting her to sleep. It is great! While I totally miss snuggling her, she makes up for it when she wakes up and we get so much more done. It is almost 4:00 in the afternoon and I walked out of the room at 1:10. Amazing! I know this isn't mind boggling news for all, but for us it is. I am so thankful for my sweet beautiful Brooklyn. Her sleeping longer and putting herself to sleep allows me to accomplish more during her naps, thus, giving her more time with us when she is awake. Today is a happy day.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

I'm so glad that you are getting some good nap time sanity. It has been a long time coming for you for sure!

Tracie said...

I am so glad! Just in time for the next one!!

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Nap time is the BEST!!! You especially deserve it.

wackyjackie said...

I agree, you certainly deserve it. I don't know how you've stayed so sane!!